Thursday, July 5, 2012

Progress

Basketball has been part of my life since roughly the sixth grade.  But over the last few years, my shot has gone from bad to completely broken.  I'm not sure why things have gotten worse.  There's probably a lot of reasons for this trend - my role as a ball distributor, extreme shot selection down to layups and free throws, and obviously lack of natural athleticism.

Just as things couldn't have gotten worse, I started going to the park after work and on weekends virtually every day.  Instead of joining one of the pick-up games, I chose to camp out at one the empty baskets and exclusively work on the old jump shot.  I threw up ugly shot after shot.  And to my surprise, I've noticeably improved.


This small bit of progress in a rather meaningless part of my life has been inspiring.  I hope to start on my next project, where I can create or improve something.

No comments:

Post a Comment