Saturday, December 28, 2013

Osprey Talon 44

For Christmas 2013, I got a new backpack, the Osprey Talon 44 Backpack.


I've always wanted a backpacking backpack; so I'm pretty happy with the gift.

I got it because it is light. I plan on using it for hiking, bike riding, and any other travel in general.

It should be durable enough for me. It has a lifetime guarantee, but unless it falls apart soon, I'll probably never ask Osprey to live up to the guarantee. It would be cool to pass this along to a kid or nephew one day. I could tell them about all the cool places I've gone to with this bag.

My wife and I have our next trip planned. We'll be doing some hiking on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. I'll report on how it holds up.

Update 1

Pro: It is a great size for the Machu Picchu hike. It very comfortably holds your rain gear, liquids, snacks, cameras, sun-screen, etc ...

Update 2

Con: It is not water-proof. You should invest in a cover to make it water proof.

Update 3

Con: When it is full, the upper compartment works great and everything is secure. When the bag is partially full, things sag in odd ways, and it feels like the bag is partially exposed and open on top.

Update 4

The top of the bag is opened and closed with a cordlock. I find it very difficult to use. I accidentally pulled the drawstring out of the lock and it was extremely difficult to reinsert. I found a pen cap to be the best tool for shoving it back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment