Thursday, September 6, 2012

2012 Presidential Race

The 2012 presidential race is well underway.  Here are my notes on what's going on:

The Bain way.  Mitt Romney, the Republican candidate, is one of the founders of Bain Capital.  Oddly, this prosperous company and Romney's financial success have been used by the Democratic Party as political liabilities.  The Democrats have been portraying Romney as a money-hungry selfish capitalistic animal. This seems very odd to me.  I think Mitt should just say,
    "I made a lot of money, all legally, because that was my job, and I have always excelled at my job.  The next job I would like to do, is to become President.  In that role, I'd work, just as I have before, to make the United States of America as prosperous as possible ..."
    Maybe I'm biased, because I read about Bain Capital before I heard about Mitt Romney, but I would have been excited to work there, if given the opportunity.  Thus, saying that something is done the "Bain way" as a derogatory thing feels very odd to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment