Monday, February 18, 2013

This Developer's Life

I have been on the search for a podcast about programming / coding, and I have just started listening to This Developer's Life.  It is a podcast, modeled after the This American Life podcast.  Similar to This American Life, this developer's life is of super high audio and content quality.

I have listened to the first 7 episodes, and I have enjoyed them all.  The focus of the podcast isn't on the code or the developed software; rather, it centers on the developer.  This podcast will give you insight into the psyche of a software developer.

For one, what makes a developer tick?  Is it a need to build things or fix bugs?  Do developers want to be famous?  Or, maybe they just want to understand everything (from semiconductors to mobile apps).  It's probably a mix of all things, at least it is for me.

The other big aspect of  this developer's life, both in the podcast and in my life, is the developer community.  There has been discussion on how we treat other developers.

This podcast began in 2010 and there has been about about 1 episode per month, so there is a lot of content for me to catch up on.  At this point, I am a big fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment