Sunday, March 2, 2014

Posting flickr photos

I have been trying to add more pictures to my blog. The problem is that I have so few good pictures of my own to share.

As usual, the internet has the solution. Using Flickr, I can find interesting, apt, and free pictures. For example, the image in this blog is from Flickr.

As a good netizen, I'd like to give proper credit to whoever has generously created and shared this image for anyone to use. For any image I post (if all has worked well), you should see a few things:
  • a clickable image that links back to the original.
  • a creative commons attribution.
  • a credit to the original artist linking to their flick account page.
As you might guess, getting this image with all the proper credits is a bit more difficult than just cutting and pasting, but it's not so hard either. Here are the steps I take.
  1. Do an advanced search on Flickr.
  2. Enter your search terms. 
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and make sure you turn on all these options (Only search within Create-Common-licensed content, Find content to use commercially). 
  4. Click Search.
  5. Click on one of your search result images. It should bring you to another page. Copy the web address.
  6. Go to http://www.imagecodr.org/get.php, and paste in the web address. 
  7. When you hit submit, you should get further validation that the image is free to use, and some html code that you can cut and paste into your blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment