Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekend updates

I sat down at my computer this weekend to do a little update – testing my Android App with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and incorporating some elements of Material Design.

Unfortunately, I never really got started.

I lost an hour updating my computer to OS X Yosemite. Then, I lost time reading about and playing with the shiny new OS update. When I tried to start working again, I found that macvim was no longer working. I lost some more time realizing that I needed to update Xcode and its command line tools to get macvim to work.

I was about to get back to my original task of updating my Android App, when I found out that my listng in the Google Play Store required a ‘feature graphic’ (something I didn’t have). So, I fired up Gimp, read through this (helpful tutorial)[http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Floating_Logo/] and created a very crude image to serve as my feature graphic. If I ever make it big, I’d love to contract this sort of work out.

So, I finally got to the main task, and I started downloading the files for the new SDK. But downloading the SDK has been taking a while, so I started writing this post.

It feels like one of those days where things aren’t working out for me.

Resources I used …

No comments:

Post a Comment