Saturday, January 3, 2015

Resolution For 2015 ProgrammerDays

For the first team meeting of the new year, our manager laid out a high level overview of what he thinks we'll accomplish this upcoming year. The summary included some things that I was happy we'd work on, but it also omiited a few projects that I liked. This meant that some of the projects that I have been working on were going to end up in the vast graveyard of half completed computer programming applications.

I'm all for killing programs and applications that no longer provide value to our clients. Such projects become all bugs and no features. The thing that irks me is when things go unfinished. Due to shifting priorities, poor planning or something in between, some projects get started, but never make it to a completed state. That bugs me.

While I am somewhat subject to the whims of management at work (and must leave some projects unfished), at home, I have no such constraint. So, my new year's resolution is to finish everything that I start.

For example, this blog post is about to be completed, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment