Sunday, March 4, 2012

30.5

I have just passed my half-birthdate, which makes me 30.5 years old.  For the sake of posterity, I'll list some status updates.

My body can handle about 1 basketball game per week (in my 20s I remember playing at least once every other day or more).  My hair is beginning to thin.  I am not sure if this is merely psychological.  After I saw my older brother's hair begin to recede, I often look at my own with an impending doom.

At work, I am getting an upgrade from junior to senior developer.  I am working full days, and about 2-3 days per week I log in from home to work more.  I still have the feeling that I have to prove myself as a productive worker, and I'm driven by fear somewhat to not be exposed as a hack.

I walk my dog about 4 out of 5 days per weekday.

I haven't been to church in about 4 years.

I am learning on ruby on rails.  I want to eventually build a long-lasting site that will chronicle my life better.

My wife is beautiful.  She pushes me to travel, which I oppose.  She's brought me to Korea, Puerto Rico, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Seattle, Vancouver, San Francisco, and Mexico.  I think she has plans for Paris and Barcelona.  Since I'm a home-body, this makes me tired, but I'm very thankful for her dragging me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment