Thursday, March 29, 2012

Scalability

As I gaze into my future, I'm afraid it might look too similar to my present.

As of now, I work full days.  I get to my desk at around 8:30 am and stay there to about 6:15 pm.  Work is often interesting, annoying, challenging and tiring.  After making/ordering and eating dinner, then walking the dog, I often log back in to work for a quick 30 minutes of home-work.  And there goes my weekdays.

I suppose this could continue for 30 more years or so, and then I could retire.

While I'm grateful to have a good paying job that I enjoy for the most part, it would be lazy of me to just accept that state.  And it is that lazy desire in me, that searches for the answer to this question, "What should I do now so that I can be truly lazy in the future?"  Can I somehow do 20 years of work, that will amount to 30 years of pay?

No comments:

Post a Comment