Monday, October 29, 2012

Harden and me to the Rockets

Because of Yao Ming, I used to follow the Houston Rockets pretty closely.  But my interest in the team and their viability as a contender, has waned since Yao's retirement.

The pick-up of Jeremy Lin earlier in the year did little to capture my attention.  The story of the Rockets seemed to be tragically uninteresting.  Yes, Lin would be a young talent surrounded by other young talent.  But the team felt a bit, incomplete.  This team was almost destined to lose in the first round of the playoffs, if lucky, in a completely forgettable way. 

But now that James Harden has been traded to the Rockets, everything has changed.  Harden and Lin are incredibly interesting.  Young, trendy, smart and they can ball.  I have no evidence to suggest that they will play well together, but I have a feeling that they will mesh.  Both are pretty good spot up shooters, and both are good at driving and kicking out to spot up shooters. 

As a sign of my new found enthusiasm, I have just re-subscribed again to red94.net, a pretty great Houston Rockets blog that I used to read regularly.  I suggest you do the same.






Houston Rockets Jeremy Lin Player Tee - Men (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment