Thursday, December 6, 2012

Algorithms

I have been a professional software developer for a few years now, but I haven't had any formal training on the subject of algorithms.  So, I think it's about time for me to do some hard technical reading on the subject.

To that end, I am currently reading Introduction to Algorithms to learn about algorithms.  So far, I think the book is well written and pretty easy to read.  However, I think I will need to do some pen on paper or coding work to internalize the material and ensure that I get some long term value out of it.

I thought it would be pretty cool to write the code for various sorting algorithms, and then demo it in an Android app.  That must be a decent idea, as someone has already built an app that demonstrates sorting algorithms very nicely.

Please leave a comment if you'd like me to see some posts on algorithms or if you know of any other great resources to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment