Thursday, December 27, 2012

Should every programmer have his/her own website?

I am a professional software developer.  I mostly work with C++ and JavaScript.  

I started this blog to practice writing, have some historical perspective on what I think about, and make some money with my AdSense account.  I am pretty sure that two of those three items are attainable.  But as I blog with blogger software, I think, should I be creating my own site that I build from scratch?  As a programmer, it just seems natural to make my own unique platform. 

I have decided against it because it would take time, and I'm always short on time. Also, other than the generic look, I think the blogger generated site looks OK.  There's definitely sites that look much worse.

I think I will end up building one if some of these conditions are met:
  • The experience of building and maintaining a web site seems like it would enrich my programming skills.
  • Blogger's platform impedes me from doing something I'd like to do.
  • I see some real value (from a monetary standpoint) in building one.

1 comment:

  1. IT Programmeur
    Snel programmeurs nodig ? Wij van ITProgrammeur detacheren onze programmeurs voor korte of langere periode bij u op locatie. Alle desciplines, opleidingen en kennis hebben wij in huis.
    Stephan Thomas
    571 Dogwood Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85003
    stephanmunter@gmail.com
    602-719-4489

    ReplyDelete