Monday, January 28, 2013

Effective Javascript

I've started reading my second "Effective" software book.

The first one I read before was Effective C++, by Scott Meyers,and the one I'm reading now is Effective JavaScript, by David Herman.

I like these books because:
  • The books are light, literally!  I hate heavy books.  Heavy books look good in libraries, but are pretty crappy everywhere else.
  • The reading is light, figuratively. Each of the points more or less stands alone and is only a few pages long.  This means you can read a couple of pages and still get something out of it.  
  • For me, the best part of these books is when I find a specific point that clearly points out that I've been doing something wrong for the last few years.  In these aha moments, I can 'feel' my future code improving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment