Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My first stackoverflow contribution

Stackoverflow is currently the go to Q&A website about programming.  Many if not all of my Google searches about technical things bring me to questions posed and answered on said site.

I have long been a reader of the site, but today, I have finally contributed something.  I added an alternative answer to an already answered question.  For my effort, I received
  • one 'up-vote',
  • my reputation was raised from 1 to 11,
  • and I got my first badge, "Teacher".  
That is a lot of positive feedback for a minimal amount of effort.

Maybe, it's just me, but the positive feedback feels great, and it certainly makes me want to browse the site and answer something else.  But as much as I like helping others and getting positive feedback,  I'm guessing I'll probably remain primarily a stackoverflow reader rather than a contributor.

No comments:

Post a Comment