Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hello World Project

I created a new git repository called HelloWorld.

(Here is the README for this project)

Hello World

This repository contains programs written in different languages that simply outputs the classic phrase Hello World.

For each language, I'll try to keep the code very simple and understandable, yet not completely trivial. For example, in the Python program, rather than just calling 'print "Hello World" ', I called a function, created a class, then had the class do the printing.

Motivation

Provide a way to view code snippets from many different languages.

Background

I had a bunch of these "hello world" type programs littering my computer in different directories. It felt messy and disorganized. By putting them all into a single repository, it's easier for me to find things I wrote before, and it looks a lot more impressive (to me at least).

Invitation

Please feel free to send me a pull request. If you are a new programmer, this is a low risk easy way for you to contribute to an open source project. I'm pretty sure that almost any pull request will result in some merged code.

No comments:

Post a Comment