Sunday, November 9, 2014

MarkdownBlogger

A New Project

I have been working on a small utility tool that would make blogging easier for me. It's called MarkdownBlogger. In short, it converts markdown text files into html, and then posts those html files to blogger.

Why I have liked working on this project

I have enjoyed this project for a few reasons. First, it's something that I would actually use. Since I spend most of my time building things for other people, it's pretty satisfying using something that I built myself. Also, since I wrote this, I can easily modify it to suit my needs in the future.

I also like this project because I have a well-defined goal in my mind. I want it to do a few things and not much more. With this definite end-goal in mind, I see the finish line in the near future, and I can know when I am done. I think having too many projects in the work-in-progress state can leave a nagging dark cloud over your head.

Now what

Well, I'll keep this blog post short and sweet, just like MarkdownBlogger is meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment