Monday, March 16, 2015

Last Man On Earth Review

I eagerly awaited and eventually watched episodes 1-3 of the Last Man on Earth.

I expected it to be funny, and it had some funny parts. But overall, I am totally disappointed.

I had hoped that this would be a show about ingenuity, perseverence, failures and triumphs. Instead, after three episodes, it's more like a romantic comedy. Who would have guessed that the Last Man on Earth would find himself in a love triangle?

At any rate, here is what I hoped the show would look like. The last man on earth is a regular dude with no special skills. He finds himself alone but surrounded by modern technology around him. Unfortunately, without someone maintaining things, he can't just depend on anything just working. So, he has to learn how all of the infrastructure of modern day civilization works. Hijinks can still ensue as he burns down a power plant or blows out an entire city grid. But with all of these defeats, his eventual technological triumphs will be even sweeter.

Is that a boring show? I don't know. I do know that if the show were more Survivorman and less Friends, then I'd definitely be tuning in for episode 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment