Sunday, March 6, 2016

Making peanut butter

I am trying to cook more. It's healthier, and it saves money.

For this winter, I made a few batches of chicken soup from scratch. I also learned to make some Kim chi jigae, which is the most common stew/soup in Korea. I'm pretty happy that I know hot to make these.

Today, I tried something else. I made 3 (small) jars of peanut butter. It's pretty simple to make. I did the following:

  • peel the peanuts (this is the most time consuming part)
  • roast the peanuts for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
  • add a teaspoon of salt and honey
  • blend until it is peanut butter

The hardest part of the process was that my blender kept getting clogged up. I had to do a lot of manual mixing to get the blender to work.

So, that's how this programmer spent part of his morning.

I am not sure if the effort is worth it, so I am not sure if I'll do it again. I wonder what I should try to make next.

No comments:

Post a Comment