Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week 6 of algorithms part 1. Hash table and final exam

The sixth and final week of my coursera algorithms course is done.

This week, we had lectures on hash tables, a set of exercises and a final exam. This was a little different from previous weeks where we would have a little bit more lecture material, two sets of exercises and a programming assignment.

The final exam had a lot of tricky questions, where the major obstacle was just reading the question correctly. I started it a few days ago, and didn't submit until today. Every day, after work, I read over the questions and answers to see if I might have been confused about anything.

I ended up getting an OK score, 9.13 out of 10. I can attempt it a couple of more times, but I don't think there's much point in trying to improve the score. It doesn't really mean anything, and I probably wouldn't learn much by doing it again.

It feels good to be done with this. It's great to finish anything, and this is something I wanted to try and finish years ago.

I signed up for part 2 of this course. After which, I hope to be well versed in all the basic data structures and algorithms that every software developer should know.

The next course starts in 2 weeks, so I'll have a little bit of a break, which is nice. Maybe I'll plan what I want to work on after part 2 of this is done - take another course? study some other way? reallocate time to something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment