Sunday, August 5, 2012

Batman: Dark Knight Rises

This movie was the third one with Christian Bale as Batman and Christopher Nolan as the director.  It was a high-paced, entertaining, action movie, whose plot-line was somewhat difficult to follow (mostly because the lead villian was impossible to understand).  As I reflect now, I know there are many details that I can hardly remember, even though I watched it today.

So, I am going to reflect on the general feeling I have as I left this movie: it was about legacies.  Bruce Wayne understood that his body was aging and thus he couldn't fight the good fight for much longer.  Would Batman be remembered as an evil vigilante or a selfless hero?  In the real world, Christopher Nolan presented his final piece of his Batman trilogy.  Would the movie live up to the past two?  My feeling is that the legacies of both are intact.  Both the character and the director delivered.

With that said, there are few things about the movie that I'm unsure about.

1. When Bruce Wayne is in the jail/hole/dungeon why can't he use the rope to climb out?  If he could, why can't all the prisoners use the rope?
My answer: Although it wasn't clear to me, there must be a prison warden and guards.  They need to give the prisoners food, and they must regulate usage of the rope as a safety tool only and not an escape tool.

2. Why doesn't the clan of evil-doers kill all of the cops that they've trapped in the tunnel system?
My answer: The cops must be hiding within the tunnel system, and it's too large for the bad-guys to find (even though the bad-guys were living in the tunnel system and seemed to know it well).

No comments:

Post a Comment