Friday, November 23, 2012

Affiliate Ads in this blog

Adding ads
In November of 2012, I began adding Google Affiliate ads in some blog entries.  However, I have since moved to using the amazon associates program for affiliate ads. 

I never felt like I understood exactly how Google's affiliate program worked.  For example, Google Affiliate Ads is supposed to work in this fashion: "When a blog visitor clicks your affiliate ad and makes a purchase, you may earn a commission for referring that visitor."  Why does the "may earn a commission" clause mean?  What instances would a commission be denied? 

I also found that the universe of possible products that I would like to endorse was not covered by Google's affiliate ads.  If I did find a product I would like to endorse, it was often selling at a higher price.  Using Amazon solves these issues.  I can endorse almost anything, and the price is always competitive. 

Of course, the proof is always in the sales numbers.  I will make (very happy) updates if there is ever any progress on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment