Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daily tools - podcast manager

Lifehacker has a series where they interview a productive person and ask them how they work, live and play.  These people are always very accomplished and their ways of doing work seem very polished.  I wonder how many iterations these people went through before finding the tools and methods that worked for them...

In any case I thought I'd note one of my most used tools and how I use it, the BeyodPod podcast player. I use the free version of this App which is installed on my Android smartphone.  I am subscribed to a few podcasts and I've tried countless others.  For now, I am listening to a podcast on general sports discussion, NBA basketball, coding, and Korean language lessons. I listen whenever I am walking - which is quite a lot for me in New York City. I walk my dog a couple of times a day and I walk to and from work. I basically listen to a podcast whenever I have some down time.  This way, even those small moments that are othewise wastes of time, like waiting in line, can be somewhat productive and/or entertaining.

Beyondpod is definitely the best podcast player I could find for android.  I am leaning towards buying the paid version - which gives me a few nice features like automatic updating.  

With that said, I remember iTunes being a better podcast manager when I had an iPhone. It seemed easier to get update for my subscriptions.  Also I was able to listen to podcasts at 1.5x speed - a real time saver, without having to buy and install a separate app.

No comments:

Post a Comment